Kelly A. Hoffman
Kelly Hoffman is an associate at Donnelly, Conroy & Gelhaar, LLP. Ms. Hoffman focuses on complex commercial litigation, labor and employment, and government investigations. Ms. Hoffman has broad experience representing individuals, small companies and startups, and large corporate clients in high tech industries including pharmaceuticals, medical devices, medical imaging, and software.
Some of Ms. Hoffman’s recent matters include:
Complex Commercial Litigation
- Defending a national auditing firm in a seven week trial before the Suffolk Superior Court Business Litigation Session, leading to judgment in our client’s favor against a $20 million claim of professional malpractice.
- Defending a high-end analytical instruments manufacturer in a two-day breach of contract trial.
- Bringing a trademark infringement action on behalf of an international biotechnology company against a primary competitor.
- Defending a software company against allegations of trade secret misappropriation.
Labor and Employment
- Defending the former executive of medical imaging company against allegations of breach of non-compete agreement and trade secret misappropriation.
- Defending a military contractor in hearings before an unemployment commission.
- Bringing a Wage Act claim against a solar energy company on behalf of a former executive for unpaid wages.
- Representing a former employee of a wireless technology company in an OSHA proceeding for wrongful termination and whistleblower retaliation.
- Defending twenty individual pharmaceutical employees in a widespread federal investigation of their employer for violations of health care laws.
- Representing surgeons as third-party witnesses in government investigation of medical device manufacturer for off-label marketing.
- Representing executive of a medical device manufacturer in government investigation of his employer for violations of FDA rules and regulations regarding reporting of defective product.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Hoffman worked as an associate at Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP in Armonk New York.
Ms. Hoffman holds a J.D. from Harvard Law School, where she volunteered with the Predatory Lending and Consumer Protection Clinic and HLS TaxHelp, providing free legal services to poor and elderly residents of Boston and Cambridge. Ms. Hoffman also holds a PhD in Sociology from Princeton University and a B.A., magna cum laude, from Harvard University
Ms. Hoffman is a member of the American and Boston Bar Associations. She is admitted to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, and the State of New York.
Ms. Hoffman lives in Lincoln, Massachusetts with her family and a corgi named Rusty.